"A definite blog for the expressive teenager" New Straights Time.

"Mind-blowing writing skills, bizarre expressions..." The Times.

Monday, November 29, 2010

How nice.

When we were small, we all wanted to grow up and show that we are mature enough to cope with challenges: big enough to deal with everyday  obstacle and even hating the age of toddlers because we thought that being an adult is everything.
But how blinded we were, that we did not realise that childhood is the best stage of life. Everyone would sacrifice for you and you couldn't care less about others. But like it or not, we will grow older because growing older is a mandatory but growing up is an option! If i laze on bed and burrowed my head into the pillow for a whole year, i would still grow older but i definitely won't grow up that way.
But still, I don't want to grow up! I just don't, I regretted the time i pretended to be cool just to be in relationship: the time where i worked hard to earn money so that i can buy ice cream and even the time where i told my mom that i don't need her helping hand anymore.
How nice it would it be if i could pick up where i left before and enjoy the good old times with the people i love. With my beloved Tok ayah who had gone when i was 11, my beloved Tok sat who use to always take me fishing even though i didn't like it and my beloved mak tok who always cuddle me and carried me around the house. I miss them .
I want to watch Cow and chicken, Samurai Jack, Scooby doo, Grim Adventure of bily and mandy, Courage the cowardly dog and I am weasel! If only i could have one more time to spend with them, just one more moment to cherish with, just one more glimpse of their loving face..
At this stage of age, i felt so vain and empty just like an abandoned house in the middle of nowhere; like a gargantuan clam or oyster without its delicate pearl. At this time around, we're just happy to be found, to be heard and to be realised by others around us.

No comments:

Post a Comment